Congrats to students around the world – especially Seniors – who are now thrown into the world without any duties and responsibility!
At least for a little while…
For most of students in the U.S. and a handful of other countries, they’re blessed with a few short months to cut loose before trudging slowly back toward rows of lockers, spit wads, cheer squads, electives, piles of homework and the usual things that make a lot of teens go “ugh”. The truth is, somehow summer just sneaks right on by and before we know it, the kids are heading back to school and we didn’t do half the things we talked about!
Before kids are forced to face the firing line of No. 2 pencils and scantron tests once again, help them get the most out of summer with this most excellent bucket list.
1. Host a water balloon fight for family and friends – make sure you win by being the only person to sport the biggest Super Soaker you can find filled with ice water.
2. Head to the beach and build a beautiful sandcastle with your family. Try to recreate Gondor from the Lord of the Rings. Once completed, get them to a safe distance and stuff a brick of firecrackers in it. If Sauron couldn’t get the job done, you will!
3. Take a hike with your family into the woods and explore trails. Include outdoor activities you don’t normally do: get yourself a boy scout manual and see how many outdoor badges you can earn.
4. Take a trip to an amusement park you’ve never been to before and set a goal to ride every single thrill ride they have.
5. Swipe the clothes of a family member while on vacation and replace them with a funny costume.
6. Make vanilla pudding with your family, wash out a mayo jar, fill it with the pudding. Head to the mall to get your summer clothes and bikinis while sharing and sampling the pudding. Enjoy the horrified look of passers-by!
7. Pick a wild hair color and have everyone in your family use it. You’ll never have trouble finding each other in crowded vacation destinations.
8. Go for a nighttime swim at the lake with your family! If you don’t have one close then make an overnight camping trip out of it.
9. Put everyone in the car and just go. A spontaneous road trip can be an awesome way to get the family out of the house and experience something different along the way (wherever it is you’re going).
10. Head out to a restaurant with your spouse and/or children…. Start a food fight.
11. Go to a major sporting event and get featured on the Jumbotron.
12. Sit down and enjoy a family dinner with everyone at one table, with no electronic devices or smart phones in reach.
13. Make S’mores!
14. Play tag – kids will love it, you may realize it’s time to join a gym after trying to catch them (or get away).
15. Build a fort – this may be tied to the water balloon fight.
16. Play flashlight tag, “ghost in the graveyard” and other nighttime games
17. Host a neighborhood BBQ and invite everyone over – show off your Slap Watch
18. Do a scavenger hunt through your neighborhood or among local businesses
19. Learn a new hobby with your family (photography, pottery, astrology, juggling, candle making, gardening, stained glass, etc.)
20. Organize a Slap Watch flash mob with your friends and family, record it, and send it to us!