Get Sporty This Spring with Slap Watch!
The weather is finally changing and we’re heating up toward summer. With the changes in the weather comes the change in wardrobe. That means it’s high time to start thinking about what you’re going to wear outdoors when you head to the park, beach or for a social outing with friends.
At Slap Watch, we’re all about fun and staying active. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the new fashion trends for the changing season. Fashion in 2012 is going sporty!
Sporty fashion for spring and summer in 2012 is all about a few key elements
1) The sporty fashion you’ll find is all about being less masculine and more feminine or androgynous!
2) Older sporty fashions were ultra-slouchy but this season is bringing us clothing lines that are form-fitting and sleek
3) Thanks to the genius of designers you’ll find a lot of clothing lines with sports elements that are mixed with sophisticated tailoring
4) Higher quality fabrics in sporty styles – so keep an eye out for leather, silk, jersey and sheer fabrics in sporty fashion styles.
Great Elements to Enhance your Slap Watch
There’s a slap watch for every style and personality, and there’s also one for virtually any kind of dress. You might love to rock the wild designs of Slap Watch but keep in mind that sporty fashion for 2012 is about being subtle. When it comes to modern fashion now, the finer details count the most so you may want to get yourself a Slap Watch that is more about subtle accents compared to say… the wild print we recently saw Redfoo with on American Idol.
To look great you don’t need to look like you just rolled off the field or came out of a gym, either. Sporty fashion is about injecting that sense of sport without being limited to looking like a 90’s Jock. For example:
- Sport bras and tank tops can be minimal and sleek while still being comfortable. You can still include twists like straps that aren’t symmetrical. That makes it easy to add a little edge while layering your goods.
- Additional details like exposed zippers, utility buckles (or useless buckles for show) and even thicker elastic straps add a bold contrast while still maintaining that sporty look.
Are you limited to the sporty look just to fit in? Not at all. The awesome thing about what we’re seeing from designed in the spring/summer 2012 lineup is that a sporty chic has a lot of options from complimentary trends. Even just adding a hint of sporty can give you the benefit of adding action to otherwise less actionable clothing.
For one, obviously, the Slap Watch goes with just about everything.
A sleek bodysuit or asymmetrical top paired with sunray pleats can give you a look almost shouts “Grecian Goddess”.
I know there’s a lot of “chic” here, but there’s plenty of sporty clothing for men without looking like you’re heading for the field or the gym. What men will find that could compliment a Slap Watch well is a collection of sleek, body-conscious cuts. Many of the newer designs are taking their cues from motorcycle leathers, beach and scuba and streamlined sports.
Are slouchy garments out for the year? Not at all. There will forever be a desire from some of us to stick with the relaxed tailoring and casual sporty aesthetic. With the way we’ve been feeling the heat already this year, that loose clothing might be just what we’re looking for!